In the mid 1980’s Rick Hinderer began his knife making journey making art knives in a small 14′ x 18′ turkey coop with none of the modern amenities, like heat or running water! Art knives are a far cry from the tactical scene which Rick is so deeply entrenched in now. Over the years his meticulous attention to knife design and knife making, coupled with his real world experience as a Fire Fighter / EMT sets him apart from the rest. Rick’s design philosophy is deeply rooted in his experience with using his knives as part of his first responder tools. That catalyst of change from art knives to hard use tactical was after Rick joined the rescue dive team. He really began to look at knives and designs more as hard use tactical tools than works of art. Rick began changing over from old world knife making techniques to modern CNC precision manufacturing. With the combination of designing art knives, and his real world experience as a first responder, this unusual perspective allows him to design hard use tactical folders that are not only aesthetically pleasing to the eye, but extremely comfortable in the hand. All of Rick’s products are engineered to go the distance when it counts the most – whether it be when life is on the line, or you just need a good cutting tool!
Rick Hinderer News
- 2013 BLADE SHOW: May 31 – June 2, Atlanta GA
- New Aluminum – Hardcoat Anodized Lanyard Beads in Black, Blue & Green
- New Steel Flame XM-18 3.5″ & XM-24 Darkness Skull Handle Nuts
- New Copper Lanyard Beads Now Available
- Knockoff / Counterfeit / Fake RICK HINDERER KNIVES PRODUCTS
- Monkey Muster 2013!! The New Monkey Edge HQ Grand Opening Event on March 23rd – 2013
- 24th Annual East Coast Custom Knife Show – March 1-3, 2013
- TACTICAL KNIFE INVITATIONAL – LAS VEGAS, JAN 19TH – 2013
- *NEW* Hinderer Knives – Copper Extreme Duty Pens!
- 35th Annual New York Custom Knife Show – November 16-18